Thursday, May 27, 2010

Prison Ministry

We have had some conversations about where the "least of these" are among us, and a prison might be a good place to look. Project TURN is a program started by a simplicity/new monasticism group (friends with shane clayborne) that is working to connect people spiritually through journaling. It is a class held at the Raleigh Correctional Center for Women, where people in and outside the prison are doing the same "assignments" together and sharing life.
I really wish I had heard about the program before and known it was open to everyone. (The website talks about it being a Duke Divinity Class). There is a breakfast June 9 at Blacknall Presbyterian Church from 7:30-8:30 if anyone is interested in learning more.
Here is a link to Project TURN's website.
I would also be more than happy to go if anyone wants to accompany me (and the babies!)
--leah

1 comment:

  1. It sounds really interesting! I think Zendi and I could get to your house in time to go with you. Let's talk more about it.

    ReplyDelete